Location - Totnes
NHBS (www.nhbs.com) is a world leading online retailer/manufacturer supplying wildlife, ecology and conservation books, equipment, and magazines to private customers, ecological consultants, libraries, and universities around the world.
Working within the cleaning department, the cleaners duties will be to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and some maintenance duties.
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping surfaces in their work areas, toilets, kitchens and reception.
- Refilling and restocking cleaning supplies and toiletries (hand wash, toilet paper, paper towels, air fresheners.)
- Maintaining cleaning products and ordering new supplies when necessary.
- Emptying general waste and recycling bins into bulk bins.
- Carrying out minor maintenance tasks such as replacing displaced toilet seats, unclogging sinks.
- Conducting a monthly deep clean to include windows inside and out.
- Keep external areas clear of litter and in good order.
- Rolling 12 month cleaning of main warehouse racking.
- Cleaning of the IT equipment does not form part of this role.
- Follow all health and Safety regulations.
- You could be asked to undertake additional duties or responsibilities these could be temporary or permanent, these will be discussed with you prior.
The ideal candidate will bring these skills and experience to the role:-
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A passion for working with people
- Great organisational skills
- We are looking for someone capable of prioritising a busy agenda and who takes the utmost pride in their work
Our offer to you:-
This is a part-time permanent position of 12 hours p/w to be worked across four days - Monday to Friday, Salary £10.25 per hour, 28 days holidays pro-rata, including bank holidays. Benefits include your birthday day off, Employee Assistance Program, a generous company pension, free parking and refreshments. NHBS also offers each colleague up to three paid days for conservation volunteering each year.
About the company:-
We are based in Totnes, South Devon, right next to the river Dart, halfway between Dartmoor and the coast. We have been selling natural history and science books since 1985, ecological survey equipment since 2009, and publishing magazines and manufacturing survey equipment since 2016. The successful candidate will be joining a diverse and friendly workforce of 60 colleagues.
This position reports to the Logistics Manager.
Please email your CV and cover letter by the 30th October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org